Thursday, January 29, 2009

Please sir, can I have some more?

One thing that does remain the same here and in the South is people shoving food in your face.

Example: today was a birthday at work, and so we had cake, then we had a soup. All the while I keep getting asked if I want more. Trying to politely say no to a Korean woman making food is exactly the same as it is at home. I finally had to get reall animate about not wanting more due to the fact I had already had too much.

On a more exciting note I had an interesting version of fried okra the other day at a sushi restaurant serving tempura veggies. Not too different but not quite the same...as for everyone sipping on sweet tea, talking about how the Panthers should have made it this year and eating a $4 cookout meal...I'm jealous

No comments:

Post a Comment