Saturday, January 31, 2009

Signs of change



"Spring is when you feel like whistling even with a shoe full of slush." ~Doug Larson



It's been freezing this week, literally I don't want to go outside I'm so cold. However it was a beautiful day outside today. No rain, not too cold and best of all the sun was out! It even smelled a bit like spring. Probably because it had that just after rain smell that I love. It's so refreshing to know that soon spring will be here even if it's another few months away. Winter here is dreadful. It's not cold enough to snow much; and it's so blustery all the time I don't want to do anything having to do with going outside. But in my inbox this week something wonderful happened...the new Vera Bradley Spring Collection!!! As any girl in the South will know the changing of Fall to Spring collections in Vera is a sign change is coming. Soon we'll get rid of our bulky winter clothes and break out the sundresses and short sleeved polos again. At school we'd start skipping classes (don't tell our teachers) and layout tanning by the pool until the sun went down. Those were some of the best memories I have shared with some of my best friends.

I feel some good things happening soon


2 comments:

  1. I'm so tired of being cold I will buy something from the spring collection and wear it if it means it will warm up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha sorry. You feel warm and happy when you buy it but I don't think it'll help too much. At least in SC it'll warm up fast. Soon you'll be dying for the heat to stop when you start sweating just because you've stepped outside.

    ReplyDelete